Sunday, February 18

beware of friendster worm

Shocks, I got infected by this friendster worm









This morning I saw somebody posted in the bulletin about this friendster worm… I read it and followed the link he gave to prove that there really is this worm…. He was warning everyone but I didn’t mind it at all…









Neweiz, I checked my profile but my codes are not working and there was this pop up that was being blocked by my browser… I don’t really know what was going on, do I pasted my codes again… I viewed my profile and it was working… moments later I viewed my profile again, and there it was again, my codes are not working again… I kept pasting my codes to my media box over and over again… and the same thing happen… after I paste and save my codes my profile was working right but moments later it isn’t again… I thought it was because of my merlin code, so I pasted back my codes without the merlin code… so my profile was working right…









A while ago, I was checking my second account coz im planning to make a new layout…  but as im about to edit my layout, my codes in my media box are gone and I saw this code..































(*click the link to see the code)



http://friendstertalk.com/viewtopic.php?pid=33268#p33268







This is the only code left in my media box…



I remember about the bulletin… I coppied and pasted the code in my notepad…



I opened my original account and checked the bulletin posted by this guy… i clicked the linked that he gave which lead me to marckyctrigger furom… I read the furom and yeah, we have similar problem….



I also saw the same warning from http://friendster-tweakers.com/









I made a little experiment since a worm is self-replicating. I know that if I view my 2nd account using my original account that code I saw in my 2nd account will replicate to my original friendster account… after I viewed my 2nd account, I viewed my own account.. and yes, my codes are not working again… I checked my media box, and I saw similar code after all my codes… shocks.. ano to?... waaaaahhhhhhhh









Neweiz, I already deleted my cookies and temporary internet files… and I also changed my password… don’t worry im no longer infected… and I hope I wont be infected again…





So be alert… don’t be a victim...L









http://friendster-tweakers.com/



http://www.markyctrigger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6128



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_worm



2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Me

Google+

 

Sane Insanity Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon